Brother Ronald Riviera
The Men’s Ministry aspires to guide men in developing godly character, serving their families, becoming a godly example, and encouraging men in the community and throughout the world to serve God. The men of Redemption Tabernacle Pentecostal church work to encourage men within the congregation to become role models, grow under God and witness the wonders of God to others. In order to have a strong and balanced Christian men’s ministry, we strive to build a framework of non-negotiables. We employ eight biblically-balanced benchmarks for a healthy ministry to men.
FILLING – God’s man is a self-feeder. Consistently studying and applying God’s Word independent of the church or small group is essential. To do this, We teach our men how to study the Bible. We suggest building your frame work to support a weekly meeting with the pastor or small-group leader to teach Bible interpretation skills (1 Peter 2:1-3; Psalm 1:1-3).
TRAINING – God’s man receives regular/weekly biblical instruction (1 Thessalonians 2:13). This can be achieved through a weekly small-group Bible study or large-group study with small-group discussion.
PRACTICING – God’s man learns how to apply God’s Word to all areas of life. It is essential to allowing room for accountability within the men’s ministry for the purpose of consistency and obedience to God’s Word (James 1:22-25; Ezekiel 33:30-32).
UNITING – God’s man makes it a priority to connect with other men at least two times a month for the purpose of community, accountability, confession, and prayer (Galatians 6:1-3;James 5:16; Hebrews 10:23-24).
SURVIVING – God’s man learns to address major life temptations and/or crises according to his need and life-stage. Support and encouragement from the ministry leader and small group is essential (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12).
REACHING – God’s man gets involved in some form of men’s ministry based on his gifts and talents. God has called each of us to pour out to others what He has poured into us (1 Peter 4:10-11; Ephesians 4:11-13)
IMPACTING – God’s man invests time and resources into the lives of other men. We suggest one-on-one connection through shared activities, spiritual mentoring, and modeling (2 Tim 2:22; Proverbs 27:17;Mark 3:13-14).
SHARING – God’s man learns to actively share his faith in order to lead others into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8;1 Peter 3:15; Matthew 28:18-20).
The men of Redemption Tabernacle Pentecostal Church convene bi-monthly on Sunday afternoons.
First Lady Yvonne Piper
The women of Redemption Tabernacle Pentecostal Church have been an essential component of the church’s advancement since its establishment in the early 90’s. The Ladies Ministry’s mission is to create an atmosphere where women can experience spiritual maturity and fellowship, develop their leadership, and minister within the church, the community and around the world.
Objectives – This ministry seeks to:
- Foster spiritual growth and renewal among women.
- Affirm that women are of inestimable worth by virtue of their creation and redemption, and equip them for service in the church.
- Minister to the broad spectrum of women’s needs across the life span, being sensitive to multicultural and multiethnic perspectives.
- Liaise and cooperate with other specialised departments of the church to facilitate the ministry to women and of women.
- Build goodwill among women in the world church that encourages bonds of friendship, support for church service, and the creative exchange of ideas and information.
- Mentor and encourage women, creating paths for their involvement in the church as they reach for their potential in Christ.
- Find ways and means to challenge each Seventh-day Adventist woman to use her gifts to complement the talents of others as they work side by side to further the global mission of the church.
To facilitate those objectives, the Women’s Ministry does the following:
- To assess the needs of women in the local church and community, in counsel with the pastor and church leaders;
- To brainstorm, develop strategies, and cooperate with other specialized departments of the church to foster programs and activities which minister to women;
- To plan and implement these and other initiatives which relate to women’s specific and varied needs, in cooperation with the pastor, departmental specialists, and other church leaders;
- To facilitate local church participation in annual programs and activities initiated by the field/mission/conference/union/division/General Conference such as the International Women’s Day of Prayer, Women’s Ministries Day, and small group ministries to support women and encourage them in service.Information regarding these programs is available through the conference/mission/field Department of Women’s Ministries.
The ladies of Redemption Tabernacle Pentecostal Church convene bi-monthly on Sunday afternoons.
Sister Karen Lee
Youth Ministry Director
The youth committee is dedicated to planning and coordinating you program activities and programs within and external to the church. It is our goal to bring young people together in faith, action and fellowship, and ensure christian development from youth to adulthood. It is our honor to provide a space for young people to gather together and grow in Christ through participation in fun-filled activities and engaging discussions. The purpose of the Youth Ministry program is to prepare students for effective ministry to middle high, senior high, or college students and their families within the context of a local church or a parachurch organization.
Training young people to lead the cause of Christ, and apply Christianity to every area of life is what “youth ministry” is about. If we don’t know that, the kids won’t either.It is more than programs and events. We use is every effort by the Christian community to reach out to the youth with the love of God as revealed to us in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. Youth Ministry is a means for both junior high and high school students to grow as individuals while exploring ideas, values, and faith within the context of a supportive community of peers and adults.
We endeavor to be a church-wide ministry which strives to provide a variety of opportunities and experiences to draw teens into active, responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community and the greater church. Youth Ministry is designed to help spiritually train and equip teens in a fun and Godly atmosphere to the Glory of God. Youth Ministry works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person and seeks to draw young people into responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the faith community.
Please join us for Youth Meeting every Friday from 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm.
Sunday School/Christian Education
Sister Wilma Davis
Sunday School Superintendent
The purpose of this ministry is to develop, promote, and direct a unified program of Christian education within Redemption Tabernacle Pentecostal Church. In Sunday school, we promote Christian education; which is the primary disciple-making ministry within our assembly for Christians of all ages. It is responsible for helping all individuals grow in knowledge and grace of God through regular and balanced studies of the holy scriptures.
- The primary purpose is obedient response to the Great Commission: Making disciples who will fulfill the threefold mission of the church —evangelism, worship, and discipleship.
- The primary strategy is the intentional, systematic, development of leaders who can carry on the work of the ministry in the local church.
- The primary curriculum is the Bible supported by appropriate teaching resources.
- The primary process is regular (preferably weekly), systematic teaching of Bible content and doctrine.
- The primary dynamic is the building of relationships that involve mutual commitment and accountability.
- The primary structure includes a full range of groups, developed with a sensitivity to culture, needs, interests, and/or life stages.
- The primary oversight is the responsibility of the pastoral staff and church lay leaders in the local church.
Please join us for Sunday School every Sunday from 9:00 am – 10:00 am.
Minister Julian Leblanc
Redemption Tabernacle is blessed to have gifted singers, skillful instrumentalists and audiovisual specialist who participate in the music ministry week after week. Led by Minister Julien LeBlanc, the music ministry aspires to present music that glorifies, edifies, and ministers to the saints who worship with us. “And He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear, and will trust in the Lord” (Psalm 40:3)